Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Savannah as Kit




Savannah as Kit!
I had decided that Savannah needed a haircut. I checked to the Locks of Love website to see what the length is that she would need to be able to donate it. She would need 10 inches. I just wasn't sure about it. I asked her how she would feel about cutting all her hair off to donate to a sick kid so that they could have hair. Her first response was no. I left it at that. I figure she is old enough to make her own decisions. I did tell her that she was getting a hair cut no matter what. So I started thinking 4 or 5 inches. She woke up this morning and said that she wanted hair like Kit's. Kit Kitridge the American girl doll. WOW!! I am not sure that I could handle that. I am not a short hair person. I had short hair all through college and well, I really don't like doing thick short hair. So we went to Monica's and she did it. She put her hair in 2 ponies and cut. It was crazy! Savannah is so excited about it. She is telling everyone to look at her new hair do. She is way sassy! She also looks so much older. I will miss ponytails and buns in her hair but if she is anything like me, her hair will grow back. And it will do it fast!!








6 comments:

Dr. P said...

I love the new Kit hair do. So cute! Glad she could donate it. That is awesome.

Dr. P said...

That was really me...Danielle and not Dr. P

Nicole said...

that is really cute and so cool it was long enough to donate. Love the new 'do.

J Z said...

I like it too but tell me did she actually donate the hair...that would be fucking awesome

Natalie Jo said...

We are donating the hair. It is in the envelope ready to be mailed. I dont think she gets it but she loves her hair!

Kat said...

Wow!! i didn't recognize her in the first photo!! She looks cute, what a daring thing to do!