Friday, January 30, 2009

My Quirky Savannah


There are a few things that Savannah does that makes me laugh. She is just so particular sometimes that I try to hold in the laughter and then I just can't.



  • Going down the stairs, she will not step on the third stair. She says it is on fire. Watching her reach her little legs from step 2 to 4 makes me laugh. Or get me mad when I am behind her and just want to get down the stairs

  • We have 16" slate floor in our kitchen. She will only step on certain tile because of alligators. She gets mad at me when I step on the alligators or she fears my life. Haven't quite figured that out.

  • She calls crayons, coloring crayons.

  • She thinks her middle name is Pumpernickel. For real. Ask her but don't laugh. I think it is cute and don't want her to give it up.

  • She calls Ayden McRae her boyfriend. Not sure why they only play together once in a while. And then they don't really play together.

  • She also calls her cousin Jamison her boyfriend. Can't figure that one out either.

  • She just tried to give duck away to her friend Ellie. I stopped that, (mean mom!) duck was second child to me for too long to have me watch him go to another family and I don't think Cami needs him.

  • She thinks her birthday is soon. And she will be all grown up at 5.

  • She asks for cereal with milk since I usually give it to her in a bag. I hate the spilled milk.

  • She handed me an apple as I was walking out the door last night and told me that apples are healthy snacks.

  • I asked her how she got so smart and she told me her teachers at school.

  • She calls my mom Grandma Andi. She is the only grandkid to do that. It started because my dad was calling my mom by her name and Savannah corrected him. She told him her name was Grandma. After that it stuck.
  • When she asks for chips and cheese, I know she is talking about nachos. She gets really mad when I order and call them nachos. She corrects me every time. But she loves them. Oh and she prefers them from Taco Bell, not del taco. (Thanks Sara!)

There are more and I will add them as I remember them.

11 comments:

Sara Newton said...

Don't forget Cheese and Chips instead of nachos, I think that one is pretty funny.

Kris said...

I know where the boyfriend came from Lexi & Hayden, and maybe the birthday is because that is all Lexi can talk about.

Nicole said...

So funny....I love that you took a picture of her in a dress....she is always wearing some sort of dress when I see her...funny girl.

Kat said...

Oh... I LOVED that!! I had no idea that she was so particular. She is dang cute though, that is for sure. I miss you guys, can't wait to be close again. Hope you are doing well and doing something fun for E's bday!

Shannon said...

LOL. How cute? I thought my kids were the only ones with wierd little quirks, but I guess every kid's bound to have them. Thanks for sharing.

Danielle said...

I think she is cute too...now you need to make a list about Olivia...she is quirky too.

J Z said...

please make one about olivia....that would be way too funny

The Buckwalter Four said...

Okay, so I haven't been blog surfin' in FOREVER ... So great to catch up on you guys and see the pictures of your adorable kiddos! Lots of love to you!

Leyla... said...

So cute!!! Thanks for the laughs! I'm glad to see you're back!

Ann Marie said...

What a character! :)

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for taking the time to enter in my photography give away!

-Jessie