Saturday, May 17, 2008

a new favorite thing

Olivia has a new favorite thing. She likes to eat it and play with it. Can you guess what it is?





Yep! DIRT! She loves it.I can understand the playing in dirt. That is just a kid thing, but eating it. It drives me crazy. She will eat dirt anywhere. She is not particular and loves all the dirt around. The dirt in Kris's house plants to the sandy dirt in our flower beds. I am not sure if I should be worried. Is she lacking some mineral and is trying to get it in our garden or what? Oh and she likes to suck on rocks. That one is just plain wierd. Here are a few pictures of what she looks like after eating the dirt. As you can see she is just happy as can be to have had a nice snack of soil.

7 comments:

Leyla... said...

Looks our little princess gave birth to a tomboy! I love it! My sister Erica used to eat dirt - she turned out alright! Erica says she actually still craves dirt sometimes!

Kris said...

You are right it is her favorite thing!!!! I wish I could hide my plants

J Z said...

I can't stop laughing....

Muriel said...

Those are cute pics. Not to sound like the worrier, but I remember being at a WIC certification once and they asked me if anyone in my family ate anything other than food (specifically dirt, rocks or detergent). The nurse told me the reason that they ask, but I don't remember why. Maybe mention it to the pediatrician and see what he says.

Nicole said...

so funny....

Ann Marie said...

Brennon loves to do the same thing! It drives me absolutely BONKERS because I am a neat freak. I thought it was a BOY thing, but apparantly not! If you get any tips of how to control it, pass em' my way. Any dirt / planet box / sand / Brennon is headed strait there . . . AHHH!!!!

Ann Marie said...

OOPS, I meant to say "planter box" !