Tuesday, July 1, 2008

signing and talking


Olivia is now 16 months old. She is very developed in her personality. She can only talk a little but she definetly gets her point across. We have been watching baby signing times in the car and I think it is working. It is so much nicer to listen to the songs then dora or some other annoying kids show. Here are a few of the things she can do:

Signs


  • milk (mil)

  • please (pease)

  • more (mo)

  • hat (ha)

Words



  • mom

  • bee (pacificer or binky)

  • uh-huh

  • da dad (daddY"S GIRL)

she also kind of spits out words here there. She loves to chatter. I can never understand her but she acts like you are totally having a conversation with her. She will also shake her head and nod if she wants something.


Last night, I was putting her to bed and I wanted to find out what she knew. She gave me kisses and hugs on demand. When she hugs she makes the oohhh sound. She will give high fives (but not on demand).


It is amazing just how much she is growing. She is learning everyday and it is so wonderful!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

she looks so cute and big in this picture...love the dress.

Kris said...

When she went with me the other day, I laughed because I would ask her a question, if the answer was no-she would shake her head exaggerated, but if the answer was yes she would shake her head lightly, she was definitely communicating with me.

Ann Marie said...

Life is so much easier when they can start communicating a little isn't it? Brennon can do to signs: " more" and when he wants to nurse he points at my chest and says, "uh". Cracks me up!

Kat said...

Where are you? I need updates! Do you know how terribly sick I am of looking for jobs and staying home all day doing just that? Blah.
Hope you guys are doing well! What's new?

Leyla... said...

July 1st - you've fallen off the blogging wagon too! Olivia is too cute! And her shoes are fabulous! Miss you!