Friday, December 14, 2007

Is there a Doctor in the house?

Lucky for us there not only was there a doctor in the house, we were at the doctor's house.

Tonight was the Zimmerman Cousin Christmas Party. We look forward to this party every year. It is with my dad's brothers family. It is always a great time. (Eric loves this party. Eric actually wishes he had my cousins and has adopted them as his own.) So we arrive at the party a few minutes late. Olivia is starting to look and act kind of sad. She is cutting her four top teeth right now, so I didn't think much of it. She started to get clingy and shy. She then would cry when someone other than me would hold her. I finally had enough and decided it was time to take her home. I went to leave and was saying good bye to my cousins, when my cousin Patrick (whose house we were at) suggested he take a look at her. In all my efforts to console Olivia, I had forgotten Pat was a doctor. Yep! I had forgotten that he could help me. He checked her out and sure enough, she has an ear infection. I felt so silly. For not thinking that her pain was more than her teeth and for not asking my cousin for help.
This is one Christmas party that I will not forget! The party was great, the part I got to be a part of anyway. It was fun to see all the cousins and their kids and realize just how grown up they are all. (Zach is an Elder!!) I feel very lucky to be a part of this family and know that this is a very special family that is not only related but also friends! And I feel blessed that my husband loves them just as much!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

No kiddin! Nice you were there. How is she feeling now?
I'm glad Eric has found friendship among your cousins ;) Ya, we definintely don't have many of those- they're either in their 40's or we never see them.
can't wait to see you guys this weekend! We are bringing/making hot choco. Hopefully my mom got a new cooktop!

Ann Marie said...

Wow - what a relief! Hope she is feeling better soon!