Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Nutcracker








Today we went to an exclusive showing of the Nutcracker! Savannah's dance class read a book about the Nutcracker and learned all about the different parts. Their teacher would read a section of the book and then they would act it out. They had little red dots on their checks for when Clara gets the doll. They had swords when the Prince and the Mouse King fight. White Sheet overlay things when they were snowflakes, and flowers for the end. At the end of the class all the parents were invited in to watch their "performance". I was the only mom with a camera and I tried to capture the beauty of our sweet dancers, I think I need a better camera! The girls were amazing and so talented! I don't think I will ever be able to attend a Ballet West version again.(Actually, I haven't gone to a Ballet West version for about 7 years. The last time I went with Jen Hoffman, she knew a few of the dancers and she thought for sure that they had been drinking or something because the performance was terrible!) Anyway...It was fun to watch how far that these tiny dancers have come in just a few short months. Here are some of the pictures!

No comments: