Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I passed...

I renewed my temple recommend on Sunday. I had the Bishopric interview at the beginning of February but since Sundays are crazy days for us. I never had the chance to go, Eric did. It is hard with 2 kids and naps and such to figure our scheduling for things like bishop interviews and such. In fact, Eric and I rarely go to these together since they are usually later at night or during nap time. Anyway... my recommend had expired at the end of February. I didn't realize that this was the first time since 8 years ago when I went to the Temple for the first time, I didn't have a current recommend. I was panicked. It was really stressful. As I had the interview with the Stake President, I started to relax, that small dark piece of stress just melted away. I told the Stake President of this, and he smiled. He simply stated the same things that I was feeling. The simple thing of having the temple recommend gives peace and comfort. I don't think that I will ever be without a temple recommend again!! As I was leaving the Stake Offices, I saw a friend of ours and he smiled and asked if I "passed". Yes, I did pass and I was happy to do so! It is a great feeling to have "passed" a temple recommend interview!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! That happened to me once too and it is somewhat nerve-racking. Luckily for me it was right when they changed the expiration dates from one year to two, so I actually was in the clear.

Kat said...

Yay- you passed. Hope you feel good about yourself ;)
I know what you mean about it lapsing though-not a great feeling