Tuesday, March 18, 2008

just press pause

I have a DVR. I love it. The only problem is that it seems to carry over in to my life. I find myself wanting to press pause so I don't miss things. I want to rewind so I can catch what I miss and fast foward through the boring parts. The other night I was with two friends. I have known them most of my life. One I met in a sixth grade home ec class. We wanted to makeover a girl in our group, trust me she needed it. The other was in my ward when my parents moved from california to utah, we met again at the age of 12 and became friends soon after. They are great friends. Leyla lives in Texas. We see her every few months. Julia just moved back to Utah after living away for 10 or so years. We have the best time when we get together. We always laugh and ending up crying from laughing so hard. Last Thursday was no exception. We were sitting at Julia's house. Her husband just called (he was out of town, which is why we were at her house) to say good night. (it was 11 pm or later.) She was trying to talk to him and leyla and I couldn't stop talking. Julia held up her "remote control" hand and kept saying "pause". Over and over. That made us laugh harder. It was so funny. She was trying to control us like her tivo. It didn't work and she hung up. I wish she could have stopped us. I wish DVR were in real life, maybe one day. Right now I will just enjoy the good times. Thanks guys, for the break in reality. It is always great to be with people who have known you for so long that they actually know you for you and not for being someone's mom, or wife or neighbor. Just you for you. The night ended with me driving Leyla home to her parents. It was kind of funny. After dropping her off, I started driving home. To my parents house. That they lived in when I was in high school. I figured it out in time to make the turn to my house. I guess I just hit auto pilot and was going home to where I used to go after dropping her off. I also forgot to take pictures. Next time......

4 comments:

Leyla... said...

Natalie - you're so cute! It makes me laugh that you were driving to your parent's house! I just got home and I miss you girls already!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Remember me?! One of Nicole's friends? How have you been?

Nicole said...

I only wish I had DVR....one day. love the story with your friends...they have always been crazy girls.

Danielle said...

cute story. glad you had fun with the gals.