Monday, March 3, 2008

Laundry

The other day I was doing laundry and I realized how funny it can all be. Sorting and all the funny piles. And I could be a little wierd. I sort all the clothes into piles and do the hardest loads first. Then I finish up with the "easy loads". For me the hardest loads are the ones I have to pre-treat for stains and then hang to dry. The easy loads are the one I just stick in the dryer. I wasn't sure if I do it like other or what. Here is a list of my loads:
  • whites to be dried
  • whites not to be dried
  • pinks and simillar colors
  • brights
  • tans (this has increased since Bedrock when business casual)
  • jeans
  • blacks
  • towels light colored
  • towels dark colored

I realize that this can be time consuming but as a laundry freak like myself it is necessary. Oh and if I want to "mix" the loads I just throw in a Shout Color Catcher. It traps all the loose colors. By far the best invention in the last few years!!! Am I normal or is everyone this way??

10 comments:

Muriel said...

I have just as many piles of clothes strewn all over my bedroom floor. Maybe that's what I'm blog stalking instead of doing laundry. Trying to put it off. However, I try not to buy clothes that can't be put in the dryer, it drives me crazy. I want everything to be dry at the same time. And I don't iron anything except white shirts, everything gets hung up straight out of the dryer so it doesn't get wrinkled. Just some of my OCD.

Nicole said...

I do it kind of the same. The clothes to not go in the dryer get washed first. I do alternate loads of clothes to dry and not dry because it helps cut down on time in my tiny dryer.

I wish the laundry fairy would visit my house

Danielle said...

I do the same sorting but I start with the easy loads and have a hard time getting to the harder ones. Maybe I should switch the cycle and get some of those yucky ones done.

Shannon said...

OOOHHH...You're supposed to sort your clothes before you wash them?

Ann Marie said...

I am like you, surprise surprise! I want to know more about that Shout color catcher. I have never heard of that before - cool!

Natalie Jo said...

the shout color catcher is the greatest invention of our time. seriously. it has saved me time and again! it is like a dryer sheet you stick in the washer. the box is tiny and there are like 25 of them in it. It cost around $3 at target.It is by the shout mini wipes things. It is amazing! Can you tell I love it?

Nicole said...

I can't do laundry without it. It is great!

J Z said...

um i used to be like you natalie but then I got smart....i was work clothes with work clothes and everything else get seperated by temp...towels and undies/socks hot and everything else cold....it saves me a lot of time and i don't have to wait

Leyla... said...

My laundry is taking over my closet! I swear it multiplies in the hamper! I have one load in the washer, another in the dryer, and 3 loads waiting to be folded. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

joslyn said...

wow i did not know that being a laundry freak ran in your family. i knew about danielles laundry issues. my only issue is i like it done every day. i hate laundry sittin around. makes me nuts.