Monday, July 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Leyla!!

Well, another year has come and gone! You now live in Texas, I am just waiting for the big hair to arrive! We have had so much fun together! Thank you for getting back in touch with me last year. And organizing our little get togethers when you come into town. We have had some really good times and some really wierd times. From Wendover to Frankfurt to the gas station bathroom in Moab. We have a lot of memories. I remember when I met you in 6th grade, we wanted to do a makeover on the girl in our cooking group. She really needed it. Then as sophomores when we caused some trouble in my neighborhood.... we don't need to go into that! (My parents still don't know it was me!) And we can't for get Chocolate Thunder. Then in college when I lived at the Tri Delt house and still called you every morning to see what you were doing. Or when I called you at work and asked for the Rush Department. Then Germany. Oh, the good times and the wierd times. Being stuck at the Newark Airport for four days. Thank You Faisal for our late check out times. Why we didn't head into New York and make the best of it, I have no idea!! Being stuck in Houston, My little breakdown. I was getting out of there at any cost! Thank you Leyla for being my friend through all of it. You are an amazing woman and I am happy to call you my friend!!

I didn't have a picture of you by yourself so here you are with Julia. I would have scanned a few pictures of us in our younger days but well I don't have a scanner and that is just way to confusing for me!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Leyla. I remember you and Natalie being crazies when I was younger...You look great in that picture!.

Leyla... said...

Thanks Natalie - for making me cry - thanks a lot! You have a great memory - I never would have remembered Faisal's name! We have a lot more good times ahead - we will take the girls trip - someday!
Love you!

Natalie Jo said...

Girl Trip here we come!!