Tuesday, July 17, 2007

One of Those Days!

I just read my sister, Danielle's blog. She had a hard day! I totally know how that is. I went to the grocery store this afternoon. First mistake. But that part was the easy part. I had to take some vanilla wafers to Kris since she was making banana pudding. So I start heading to Kris's house. Well, Olivia falls asleep on the way. Good! Then Savannah falls asleep. Great! Things are going great. I realize I should probably get gas. So I head to the Holiday Oil to fill up. Well, just my luck, all the pumps are busy. Since its happy hour at Sonic I head over to get a drink. Well, 20 minutes later.... (Apparently, they were so busy that they forgot that I had ordered and that the people behind me got there food before I got my drink!) ... Olivia has now woken up. I was going to get gas but I could tell she wasn't going to last much longer and we still had to go to Kris's house. So, we get to Kris's and drop the wafers off and then I try to get home without breaking every speed limit between our houses. No such luck, Olivia is crying so hard that she wakes Savannah up. How quickly my afternoon of sleeping kids disappeared. Olivia didn't go back to sleep and either did Savannah. It was a long afternoon until Eric got home at 7 pm. All that being said, I think I have it easy. I have a husband that loves me and two great kids, even though they didn't sleep!

2 comments:

Leyla... said...

The grocery store is always a nightmare! I can count on one hand the number of times my boys have been well behaved in the store. I hope you have a better day today!

Danielle said...

We should get together with Joslyn and Jessie on those days...how come they all seem to happen on the same day? I think you are right about it being in the air.