Monday, April 21, 2008

new cell phone

out with the old and in with the new. completely! today I got my new cell phone. you are thinking, big deal who cares. well I care. I also got a new number. look for your emails. i am sending the new number out. it is the second email. i sent out kris's number first. yes, I am that smart. I know you are thinking you don't need a new number. wrong!! let me tell you the history of my cell phone. I have pretty much had a work cell phone for years. (like 15). I got one number that ends in 97 and it was great. my whole family have similar numbers. it is great so we just have to know the last 2 or 3 digits and we can call anyone. we don't have to remember anyone's number. well, about 2 years ago the Salt Lake County jail got a new phone number for their inmates family to call and leave money on a credit card to call home. it was the 800 version of my phone number. people being the smart people that they are would call me and do one of two things: argue with me that they dialed the right number and how dare I tell them they have the wrong number or apologize and say that sucks. well, i got all kinds of phone calls. a few call looking for drugs, angry lovers, it goes on and on. so I got a new number. unfortunately, no one in my family can remember it. myself included. so that is why i have yet another new number. i also got a new phone that will make texting easier. so long big ugly nextel phone. seriously, i am the only one of my sisters that still had the original phone from 3 years ago. it was big and indestructable. trust me, i tried. i think i even ran it over once. so new phone and new number. it is great!

8 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Congrats on the new phone. Mine is so ancient when compared to my husband's sleek Blackberry. (Not that I need a Blackberry, but a newer phone would be fab!) Glad you don't have to deal with all those pesky calls anymore, how annoying that must have been!

Nicole said...

oh...that phone. it is so hard to break...if it was a normal phone mine would have died long before it did. hopefully my new phone comes today....

Leyla... said...

Nat, you crack me up! I already programmed your new # in my phone. By the way, I'll be home for 6 weeks this summer - we're going to have so much fun!

Leyla... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Jo said...

six weeks. seriously, i can't wait!! that is the best news all day long!! lets plan a girls weekend!! oh, i am so excited. i may have to call julia right now!!!

J Z said...

seriously the reason why yours probably didn't break is because you use your house phone a lot more then any body else...um wait I don't even have a house phone.

Shannon said...

My phone got stolen on Friday and I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would want it. It is so old! Now I have to go invest in a new one. I don't know about you, but I don't get a rush buying techy gadgets. Oh well.

Kat said...

hooray for you! what kind did you get? glad you can text now. I'm much better at communicating that way it seems. sad, I know