Thursday, November 22, 2007

my favorite holiday

thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday for years. i started to love thanksgiving when I was in my early twenties. i love the whole day. the prep. the meal. the family and friends. love love love it! this year was no exception. it was a little more work since we hosted the meal this year. we usually rotate years with parents. st george every other year with my parents, sandy the other year with eric's parents. we didn't think with eric's schedule that we would be able to make it to st george so we decided to stay in sandy. since it was just eric's mom and dad and his bro steve, we offered to host the meal. then my parents decided to stay in town so we invited them too! it was a different day but it was a lot of fun. my mom has always invited "strays" to dinner so this wasn't anything new. the meal was fabulous!! With only 8 adults and Savannah this was the most relaxed and quiet meal we've had in years! Olivia took a nap and woke up just as I was finishing my last bite! What a great day!!

No comments: