Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween!





Halloween is not one of Eric's favorite holidays. In fact, I am sure he hates Halloween. It isn't even one of my favorite holidays but I do think that kids love it (I loved it as a kid) and I want to make sure that Savannah (in time Olivia) enjoys the day!. As you know, Savannah was a punkin. Olivia was a lady bug. She basically wore here costume for pictures and for grandparents. Eric's family used to have the tradition of going out to dinner for Halloween but with kids and everything that has changed. At the last minute I invited his family (and anyone who wanted to come over) to dinner. I made chili and carrot chowder. It was yummy. (I think I ate most of the carrot chowder the next few days!) It was a good time. I took Savannah to a few houses Trick or Treating. I figure I will have to do more each year but right now we will take it easy! It was a great night. Relaxing and fun.

4 comments:

Kat said...

Seriously- my family is cursed in so many ways. I am finding out that Scott is soooo similar to his dad. It's crazy. I see it even more in Eric all the time- although you saw it sooner than any of us cause you live with him.
So -you can thank my dad for the lack of love for Halloween. We handed out candy this year and had people over- and LOVED it! I decided I shouldn't hide out in my house and do HW like last yr. The kids look cute in their costumes.

Ok- so Q about taco tuesday. Steve is picking me up. Are you guys up for some late visitors? Think about it and I'll call you later. If not Steve and I will head to my mom's.
Can't wait to see you guys- whenever!! :)

Kat said...

(Eric being like my dad)

Natalie Jo said...

come on over. if the kiddos are in bed so be it. we are up for anything. i will make extra for you! would love to see you!!

Kat said...

Perfect! I am so excited! If I can just get through tomorrow... I have to take Scott to the airport at 5, then come back home and get ready, go to school etc. Should be fun. Call ya when I'm on my way!