Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How I Became a Jorgensen!

How I Became A Jorgensen

I saw this on Kat's blog and decided that today was a great day to copy!

  1. Where did you meet your spouse? At the singles ward. We grew up in the same stake and never met. I do remember, right before I met him, sitting by his whole family at stake conference. (I was there by myself) It was funny because I remember his mom and kat and dave saving seats and then everyone else came in late and at different times. Side note: the person who sat by me was Debbi Yamamoto who later became a good friend. Funny huh?
  2. What was the first thing you said to your spouse? I have no idea. I really don't remember. He was kind of shy. I do remember him calling up for Danielle. They were set up for the Presidential Date Night that the singles ward does every year. So basically Danielle went out with him first.
  3. Where was your first date? We have an "official" first date. It was in July. He actually asked me out and picked me up and everything. (He didn't have a car so I usually drove to his house.) We went with Tyler and Mindy to Cafe Rio and to see Big Daddy. We were with Tyler's mission companions and then we went a big mansion in Orem (the former owner of WordPerfect or something).
  4. Where was your first kiss? In my room. (or the hot tub a few months before that, depending on who you talk to)
  5. Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement? Met sometime in January of 1999, became friends then began dating in June/July and engaged in October and Married in March. Short compared to my friends who were all engaged for a year or something like that, but long by LDS standards.
  6. Where did you get engaged? This is funny. October 30, 1999. That is right 8 years ago today. At Rodizio Grill. It was a Saturday in Utah so it was basically Halloween. Eric's family tends to do alternate Halloween activities. This time is was dinner out. I had my tonsils out a week or two before this. I couldn't eat and could barely talk. I think I had mashed potatoes and mango juice (I had an allergic reaction that night and now know that I am allergic to mangoes). I had known he had the ring for a week. I had been at home and didn't have much to look forward to. Back to dinner... There was a birthday being celebrated at the table next to ours and when the servers were singing happy birthday, Eric leaned over and whispered,"Will you marry me?" I was so shocked I actually said, "You are doing it here?" I even held out the wrong hand. He put the ring on under the table and we didn't tell anyone. We left and told his grandma first. Then we went to my house and told my parents and then his house. It wasn't a big surprise for anyone except for the way he asked. That was a surprise. and that was his goal!
  7. Where were you married? Salt Lake Temple, March 11, 2000. Spring Break Saturday. Never ever do that!! It was crazy! I was bride 67 or something crazy like that.
  8. How did your reception go? It was fun! It was a party by LDS standards. Calm compared to most of my friends weddings. We had dancing and it was fun. I didn't eat. I heard the food was good.
  9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to St George. Not a lot of money and it was a good thing, since I got sick and spent a few of the days not being able to do anything! We did go into vegas for one day. That was okay.
  10. If you could change anything about your day what would it have been? I think that I would have eaten. And when we cut into the cake we got the carrot cake layer. I hate carrot cake. For the most part I loved the whole day. I think I might have gotten married later in the day and then had the reception right after. And I would have had the reception at a larger venue. More room to party!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

glad that you mentioned me in the whole scheme of things...I really played a huge part.

Kat said...

Ok, sorry I have been MIA lately. School sucks- and it was hard getting back into the swing of things after NY- I felt like I'd been gone for weeks.......

I loved how you told the story of you guys meeting etc. I remember that night at Rodizio.. so crazy that we didn't notice! (I thought someone realized it before you left though....)??

Yes- so far your reception has been funnest. We can thank you for that.
So was he really that appealing without a car even? ;) jk I guess he really was only 22-23, but still!

Natalie Jo said...

eric was 24 when we got married. he got his first car a month before he turned 24. i guess it wasn't a priority since darren had 2