Monday, October 15, 2007

Great Weekend!

We went to St George this weekend. It was a little work and little relaxation. We left Thursday morning and returned home Sunday around 2 pm. Both drives were great! We actually made the drive home without stopping! Eric replaced the bathroom counters at my parent's house. He had two guys helping him. The new counters look great! While the men were working on Thursday, my mom and I took the girls and went to our favorite quilt shop, Lazy Daisy! This is one place I always look forward to visiting! It didn't disappoint! We had Pizza Factory for dinner and found a new dessert that I am wanting right now. The plain breadsticks and their cinnamon butter spread! It is like a cinnamon roll that is so good!! YUM! We spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out! I finished 3 stitchery pillows. And cut out a few other projects! Thanks to My mom and Eric for helping with the kids! Savannah jumped in the pool only to immediately get out again. The water was cold but the air was just cool! We also found Moda's Holly Jolly fabric for 40% off! One thing we always have is a milk shake. This time is was from a new place called Marv's. The banana cream pie shake was to die for! I didn't order this but I did taste it. I would totally reccommend it and I plan on getting next time! Savannah loved the attention she got from all the adults. It was a great weekend! So relaxing and calm. I think I could have a weekend like that all the time!

5 comments:

Kat said...

So that's where you were! Wondered where my favorite blogger dissapeared too! sounds like you guys had fun. Glad you could get away and that it went well! I love the pillows that you did! If I ever move back you have to teach me how to be crafty :) Ya, D & M will be staying here like they did 2 yrs ago. They actually really weren't here that much at all with all of the fam she has here. Should be a good time. Just bought my plane ticket... I'll be there the night of the Nov 6- Nov 13 early AM. Scott is in mtgs the 6-8, so I'll just be roaming around. When I meet up with him, we'll be staying somewhere and occupied til Friday afternoon or so. Have a great day!

Palmer Family said...

I know, I am so happy that we are partners. Call me this week to set up a time that we can go.

Ann Marie said...

Don't you just love weekend getaways? They are the best! Glad you had fun. Next time I drive through St. George I am going to check out that quilt shop - sounds fun!

Leyla... said...

Banana cream pie shake! Sounds too good to be true! I'll have to try it over Thanksgiving. I love the pillows - who knew our little princess was so crafty!

joslyn said...

cute pillows!!