Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Birthday MOM!!!


Today is my mom's birthday! She is truly one of the most amazing people I know. She will be there when I need her and even when I think I don't she knows better. As I get older and go through different experiences I respect my mom a lot. There are many things that I don't think would have happened to me if my mom was not there to guide me. Thanks Mom for all you do for me and those around me. You are amazing! Here are just a few of the things that make you amazing:


  • Raising 5 daughters who are all still friends

  • Being married to my Dad for almost 41 years

  • Quilting, Quilting Quilting and teaching so many that it is not hard!

  • Salsa (teaching and canning)

  • Being a friend to many (including people my age who I couldn't stand, life lesson there!)

  • Amazing cook (eric loves the leftovers!)

  • Moving to Draper before Draper was cool from California and your family

  • Having a testimony and always doing what is right

  • teaching us by example that it is not what you have that makes you happy but the people around you and who you are

There are so many more. I could go on all day but I need to clean up the house so we can party for you tonight! Thanks Mom! Love ya! Bring on the cake!


5 comments:

Danielle said...

double thumbs up...mom you are awesome.

Leyla... said...

Mom's are the best! Happy Birthday to your mom!

joslyn said...

love that picture! cute.

Ann Marie said...

I agree! I always loved your mom! I secretly idolized her! I was super envious of her sewing room downstairs at her home - - wow it is pretty amazing! One day I want a room like that and to actually have TIME to do crafts and quilts! What would that be like?!

Kat said...

She is lucky to have a daughter say such sweet things about her! I hope you let her read that :)