Tuesday, November 27, 2007

one day a year!

One day a year, I trade in my stay at home mom status and join the work force. Okay. Not really work but once a year I take the asbestos refresher course to update my asbestos abatement contractor supervisor certification. I know you are thinking, WHAT?!?! I took the course for the first time in 2002. My dad was tired of paying to send people to this course only to have them leave the company. So he came of with a brilliant idea (or so he thinks!) for me to take the course. The idea is that as his daughter I will always be there. So despite the fact that I have been retired from my job at Capitol Roofing for more than 3 years, once a year I take the class so that they will have someone certified to deal with asbestos. I am always happy as I drive away that I won't have to work for at least a year!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

so glad that it is over right?

Ann Marie said...

You crack me up! If I ever am in need of an inspection - I know who to call! Tell your Dad he'll just have to pay for your trip to Cali! We'll play and shop instead! Disneyland anyone?!

Natalie Jo said...

you got it ann marie! i am all ready for disneyland. although our two little princess might give us both a run for our money!