Tuesday, January 29, 2008

cancun


We went to cancun this last weekend. It was the first time we have left our children. It was so much fun. Eric's company earned 6 free trips to cancun from Contempo Tile. It was so much fun. The hotel was awesome. (Newly remodeled, swanky urban hotel) The food was great. (Guacomole, anyone?) We went with fun people. (Doug & Patti Burnett, Kat & Steve.) We had a stowaway. (Craig) We met tons of great people that we loved being with! (Jennifer, Jessica, Ryan, James, Dustin, Clint, Trace, etc. etc.) No trip is complete with out a wallet being stolen. (doug) Lots pictures. (200, I think!) Yummy breakfast! (missing that waffle with berries and cream!) Sun and Sunscreen. (I was the mom of the trip, aka sunscreen supplier.) Funny stories about drunk people (no names here, just know that i was in none of the stories!) Jungle tour to go snorkeling. (Not sure why it is called the jungle tour, there was no jungle!) Coming home to snow. (wish we had brought the sun home with us!)


I will post a slide show at a later day. So many pictures!!!

9 comments:

Leyla... said...

I am so jealous! I'm so glad you had such a great time! I know it's hard to leave the babies - we've never left ours for more than one night. The water behind you is gorgeous! I makes me want to go to Mexico - Grant & I need a redo anyway - when we went for our honeymoon the airline lost our luggage! I can't wait to see the slideshow!

Danielle said...

My only question is why is Eric wearing Jeans? Doesn't he know he can wear shorts at the beach?

Jacki said...

Oh Natalie, I wish I were you. That picture looks like pure heaven. I'm glad you got to get away.

Shannon said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time. Duane and I have left our kids a couple of times and every times gets easier and easier.

Nicole said...

so glad you had a relaxing time. and the time away definitely makes you appreciate the little ones more. And I do love no one waking me up in the morning....

Ann Marie said...

Ok, last week I saw a butt load of snow on your site and now you are standing next to that beautiful clear water! Awesome - I am so glad you had a great time. How lucky are you!!!

Kat said...

Hey, I am totally sick too. I started feeling it Wednesday, and by yesterday I felt terrible. I think it's the 24-hr flu- turned into a cold now. I'm just glad my whole body doesn't ache now. I thought my legs would fall off cause they were so sore (the snorkeling didn't help).
What are you feeling like? Did we get this in MX or on the plane??

Natalie Jo said...

the same.ache body. a little puking. a little cramping. a little something else. the whole house is a mess. i am just letting the kids run amuk. (sp?) i asked eric when he was coming home and that was at 7:30am.

Kat said...

Feeling any better?
I layed around a lot yesterday but felt a lot better than Thursday. Today I'm prob 80%. How are you doing??