Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I don't usually make resolutions. I usually try to make myself a better person year round. But this year I am trying to make things better now. Here are a few of the things I want to achieve/accomplish this year.

Read Book of Mormon at least once this year.
Family Prayer and Scripture Reading each night***
Eating smarter as a family and individually
Completing projects (not just starting them)
Better blogger (more interesting and thoughtful)
Controlling my temper with my girls better
Finish decorating my house! (and try to do it for each holiday!)
Being a better wife/mother/daughter/sister/aunt
Remembering to send thanks yous for the little things that people do for me
Being a better visiting teacher!! (For some reason I have struggled with this one this last year! Let's do it right Allison!!)
Finish de-junking house
Be a better neighbor
Gossip less and serve other more
Make one quilt for each of my daughters
Finish Scrapbooks for each of my daughters for their first year (way behind!!)
Spend quality time with Eric at least once a week!

I have lots more things I want to do this year but I think I will just do them and post about them later!!

***Okay, we haven't been the best at this in the past but that is all changing. We have done it for 3 nights so far. Last night (jan 2), we sat down to read the scripture and eric and I asked whose turn it was and Savannah didn't miss a beat! She said it was her turn. I helped her "read" the scripture. She then immediately got on her knees and got ready to say the prayer. It just amazed me that after only one night she had caught on to it and was ready and willing to do it. She has never been willing in the past. I was so proud of her! She did the same thing tonight! She knew that is was my turn to read and pray. She even took the scriptures out of eric's hand and gave them to me. I can't believe how grown up this make her seem to me!

4 comments:

Leyla... said...

Go Natalie! You're going to be a busy girl this year! You can cross great friend off your list - because you're already really good at that!

Kat said...

I loved reading your list! there were some great reminders in there for me. good for you guys with the scriptures and prayer. I have been great the past few days and don't plan on stopping. We know how much it helps us right?
Oh ya, the article in the Ensign about TV was amazing. It really sunk in, and I am determined to make time for the things that matter.
It was so fun to see you guys!
Back to reality here...

J Z said...

I think you are a great sister. I love that you are always there for me when I need help....andy you always give me food :)

Palmer Family said...

Those all sound great. I am proud that you have made so many. I am sure you will keep all of them! Amen on the visiting teaching, I was such a slacker this last little bit. I have never been the best at it, but this is the year!