Tuesday, January 8, 2008

an easy way to serve

as a mom with young kids, I want to serve but I have found that I can't really do service projects or structured things like that. I do find that I can make dinner for those who need it. a friend in my ward just had surgery, so I made dinner for her. Simple and easy. Yet, I know that when I get a dinner brought to me it is a lifesaver. Takes so much off my mind to not worry about dinner. I hope that this is way I can serve others. I just hope they like my cooking. And I plan on doing it more and more. (unless someone tells me to stop with the terrible recipes!!)

6 comments:

Kat said...

YOU are amazing. I think that is a fantastic way to serve- and you are great at it. I would eat anything you made- no lie!
Hope taco night was fun! I went to Rubio's where fish taco's are only $1 on Tuesdays! Guess we both kinda have a taco Tuesday thing goin on huh?

Danielle said...

Oh your recipes are terrible. Would you mind bringing me dinner sometime?

Leyla... said...

Do you have any recipes that freeze and reheat well (and that are at a beginner level for someone like me)? Our ward is collecting freezer meals for a family in our ward. The father is about to undergo intense cancer treatments.

Nicole said...

I would take dinner from you anynight. And I think that is a great way to serve and I love people to serve me in that way. I also love to make dinner for people (maybe that is why I like my meal swap.)

Natalie Jo said...

i do have a few great freezer meals. maybe we should just chat.

Ann Marie said...

I have no doubt that your cooking is fabulous!!! It probably looks beautiful too!