Tuesday, February 19, 2008

favorite flowers


Last Tuesday, (Feb 12) Eric surprised me with red roses for V day. He stopped at Costco and bought them for me. I thought that was really sweet of him. He remembered early and he didn't spend too much money on flowers. (We both feel the same way that spending too much money on flowers is a waste, most of the time.) Later that night, we were talking and he said that he realized that he didn't know my favorite color of rose. I had to think for a minute. I really don't have a favorite color of ROSE. I answered that it had to be yellow roses. My grandma's favorite flower was yellow roses. Everyone knew that was her favorite flower. EVERYONE! Whenever I see a yellow rose it reminds me of her. So I guess that is my favorite color of rose.
Well two days later on Valentine's Day.....Guess who stopped at Costco and bought yellow roses?? Aren't I a lucky girl?!?!?

As for my favorite flower is has to be the seasonal things. I love the lilac of the early spring. I love love LOVE tulips. I love flowers that grow in my own garden. I think my favorite flower to get is probably the gerbera daisy. Pretty and loving. Like it is just there to cheer you up!! So what is your favorite flower? Do you get flowers a lot or just for special occaisions?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

wow what a nice guy! yellow roses are special to me too...probably because of Grandma.

I love Tulips and seasonal flowers as well.....

Muriel said...

Hi Nat, remember me? I have never known anyone else who loves Gerbera Daisies too. African Daisies are one of my faves as well.

Leyla... said...

Your spoiled! But you deserve it!