Thursday, February 28, 2008

no more scissors...


Savannah was helping me make cupcakes for Olivia's party and she got cake batter in her hair. I know, I know I shouldn't let her eat cake batter. But the kid is stubborn and I was tired. Anyway, she got batter in her hair. I went on with things and forgot that she had it in there. Apparently she didn't. Later that night after giving Livvy a cupcake and Savannah and I singing to her. (this was on her actual birthday day and eric was at a work thing), I got to give both girls a bath. I realize that Savannah has a dreadlock. I wish I had taken a picture of that. Yep, a dreadlock. I thought oh boy that cake batter is great. So I wash and condition her hair and then apply more conditioner. Then I start to comb the dreadlock out. She is still sitting in the bathtub. I am combing and some hair comes out. I am thinking wow, this is some great cake batter. More combing, more hair. When I am done there is a big clump of hair. I am starting to think what it up. So I ask Savannah if she cut her hair. Her answer was simple, "Yep mom, I cut my hair." That explains it all. Later that night I found a few dry strands on the kitchen rug. So no more scissors for Savannah. The area of missing hair is that obivious but I still think that I will have it shortened up a bit.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Aaahh cute, Savannah has had an important right of passage moment in her childhood. Just wait till she gets ahold of Olivia's hair!

Kris said...

Kami cut her hair on Wednesday while I was at the dentist. Isn't it great!!!

J Z said...

um kami is like 9 right....that is totally for style....like punk and stuff or maybe new wave

Ann Marie said...

One time Kylie took scissors to a dress she was wearing. I was a little upset but then I realized that is could've been worse . . . she could have cut her hair! Glad it wasn't too crazy of a cut!

J Z said...

wait ann marie...she cut a dress...maybe you should enroll her in some creative costuming classes....

Danielle said...

cutting your hair is all part of growing up. you have to do it so you can look back and laugh at yourself.

Tifani said...

That must be a rite of passage for little girls. I think every little girl I know has dabbled in that. Luckily she didn't get too much.

Natalie Jo said...

yeah, she had a rite of passage. at least it wasn't her bangs. (wink, wink danielle!) i would hate to have to style bangs.