Wednesday, February 6, 2008

letters from home

we didn't call home while we were in cancun. we knew it would be really expensive so we just never planned on it. we did get lucky because the hotel had an internet cafe with free internet access. it was great. i was able to find out all about the kids. danielle sent me some funny stories. i was laughing out loud most of the time. i thought i would post them here. they are a little long but really funny. it was great to hear the funny stories even though we were so far away!

danielle wrote: Everything is just fine here. The girls are doing great. Savannah is happy to be with Ben and Paul and they are playing fantastic. The only struggle I have had is getting Ben to take a nap. He doesn't want to but sure needs to. Olivia thinks that I am her mom...for right now at least. She is a little scavenger. Whenever she is hungry she goes to the cupboard or starts looking for food under the chairs. I think it is funny. Not sure yet is Savannah has really even noticed you are gone. I keep telling her you are in Mexico and she says hmmm and them walks away. Pretty funny! By the way...thanks for the PJs. You are awfully sweet to remember the boys in the little gifts. I didn't think you were going to but little Paul was so excited about his and couldn't get anything on them even popcorn. They all have been carrying their little stuffed animals around as if they were their only toy. The two older kids are working on their "art" projects right now and are having a blast. I think they were both getting a little bored and it was a little nice to have a new treat and something to stir up the monotony. I have wondered where a couple of items are but Savannah usually knows where they are and totally helps me find it. I couldn't find the syrup today and she helped me out on that and the bisquick. I was pretty impressed about the bisquick. I don't think my kids could tell anyone where that was....I asked her where the pancakes making stuff was. She has been doing great with potty. I just tell her that she needs to go in order to have a turn or to have a treat or whatever when I can tell she needs to go and then she goes just fine. She hasn't gone poo yet but I am sure that will come sometime. I really hope it isn't when the babysitter is here tonight. I will talk to her about it and tell them to watch out as well. I think she might not go until you get back...really. Well, hope you are having fun and soaking up the sun. Don't worry about the kids. They are in good hands and are having a ball. Love, Danielle

PS I knew you wouldn't be calling...tooooo much money. Also, your kids are super easy to put to sleep. My kids are way harder


danielle also wrote: Okay...I thought I would share some funny things that S has done. So yesterday I told her to go pee and then we could do something...don't remember what it was. So she goes into the bathroom to go pee and stands there and starts to squeeze herself. I quickly ran in there and told her that she had to sit down b/c Paul is a boy and she is a girl and girls have to sit to pee and boys can stand. It was pretty funny. They were both sort of confused about that. I guess that is what happens when you have the same sex siblings.

Last night after I got her out of the tub and was dressing Ben. I told S to go and get some underwear out of her drawer. She told me that she didn't have any underwear in her drawer and I thought that was pretty weird. So after we got the little ones all dressed we went into her room and opened her drawer and she told me that those are "panties". Gotcha

2 comments:

Danielle said...

glad you shared all the email I wrote since I am soooo cool.

J Z said...

glad to know that underwear and panties are not the same thing.