Thursday, February 7, 2008

impetigo


(these are not the best pictures but you get the idea. and it is really hard to take a picture of olivia.)


impetigo. this is what is causing the sores on Olivia's face. she had a small sore right before we went to cancun and when we came home it was a lot bigger (kind of like a canker sore) and crusty and gross. really gross. that sore cleared up and then her nose got bad. it has been getting better and then i noticed another one by her eyebrow. i was doing some research on the internet last night (aka blog stalking, everyone does it) and saw something about it on the blog I was reading. saw the pictures and I knew I had to get her in to see the doctor. so glad I did. impetigo is a strep infection on the outer layers of the skin. it is really contagious but only if you have an open sore. it seems to pass though open sores. i am not sure how livvy got it but i hope that this is where it ends.
funnies part of the story is when we got back last tuesday, eric looked at it and said it looks like impetigo. in my mind, i was thinking what does he know. turns out father does know best.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I didn't know eric was that smart either...maybe you should listen to him next time. You seen it once and know, right?

Nicole said...

I agree...listen to eric. and so sorry about livia....that is the pits. I have seen some bad cases of that...hope it gets better soon and no one gets it!

Ann Marie said...

Ouchy - that doesn't look so fun! Poor thing! I have never heard of that before. Thanks for the info. Hope she gets better soon!