Sunday, February 24, 2008

importing babysitters


We used to have a really great babysitter Kambri. She was Savannah's first babysitter. She was great. She totally plays with the kids. One time she even got stuck behind the couch while chasing Savannah through the crawl area. (Lucky for her I let her have friends over so she wasn't stuck too long!) Well, Kambri and her family moved to Lehi in July. I was so sad. There is another great girl in the neighborhood so we aren't let without one. But there aren't a lot of girls who are of babysitting age in our area.

Saturday night was our Stake Conference. We really wanted to go. I got a sitter on wed. I figured we were safe. Her dad called on Saturday morning and she was sick!!! I was so stressed and bummed out. I hate calling for sitters. I feel like an awkward boy calling to ask a girl out on a first date. Maybe that is exaggerating a little but really I don't like it. If they tell me no, I wonder it is me, is it my kids, are they really busy? Then I hate calling people. I don't know when this started but I really don't like calling people and asking for things. It really stresses me out. I need to work on this. I don't mind talking on the phone but I hate cold calling. So back to the story, I tried everyone in the area. Busy phone lines, not available. Duh, it was Saturday afternoon and I needed one that night!! I was desperate!! I called Kambri and left her a message explaining my situation. We then proceeded to work out an another solution. Trading kids with eric's brother. It wasn't ideal but it was going to have to do. Then Kambri called back! Sometimes her sister will bring her up from lehi. I offered to come and get her and take her home! So that is what I did. I drove to Lehi for a babysitter! Seriously, it was worth it! It was a good conference and we got to eat dinner out and some one else put the kids to bed!! Loved it! Will be doing it again. So glad Kambri was available!! Eric told everyone all night that we are now importing babysitters!!

4 comments:

Leyla... said...

Nat, I feel the same way - I'm a total awkward boy! You make me laugh. And if they say no - I too am wondering if my kids were terrors or something! Thanks for saying what I feel - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

Nicole said...

the good ones are hard to come by...

Ann Marie said...

Good babysitters are worth driving the distance for!

Danielle said...

I was imported several times when I was younger and I am with you about babysitters...what is the deal with that? I hope I can overcome that.