Monday, August 27, 2007

monday night television

Monday night used to be my least favorite night for TV. But this summer that has all changed. My DVR is working over time. In fact, if it crashed or froze I might freak out. Here is a list of my favorite Monday Night Shows.
  • The Closer -- Kyra Sedwick is amazing. I actually believe she has a crazy southern accent. And Eric can stand to be in the same room when I am watching this show. (My mom loves it too!)
  • The Hills. Thanks to Nicole I watch this show. This one I can live without but it is just kind of fun to watch dumb young women make silly decisions and party.
  • The New Adventures of Old Christine -- So funny. Never watched it until a few of my friends (Leyla & Julia) told me how good it was. I have to agree.
  • My Boys. This is on TBS. Crazy adventures of PJ a sports write for the Chicago Sun Times who has all guys friends. It is good and I laugh. Sometimes makes me wish that I was single again and could hang out in a bar and play poker. Well, not really that much.
  • Greek - ABC Family. Okay, I have to admit that I am having a hard time admitting I like this show. But it just brings back fond memories of my sorority days (and sometimes makes me realize that it is full of stereotypes that don't exist in the Greek system) It is just fun. Plus Spencer Grammer (who is Kelsey Grammer's Daughter) plays a great Pledge Educator (New Member Educator for those of us who are now Resume Friendly and what I was back in the day)
  • How I Met Your Mother -- Okay I only watch this during the regular season since I have seen all the episodes but I do love it so it had to be on the list. I loved the Robin Sparkles one. In fact, I can't bring myself to delete it off of my DVR.

Okay, I know it makes me look like I just sit around and watch TV all night long. But I don't and I only watch what I want when the kids are in bed. That is what DVR's were invented for (and I hate commercials!) I will be glad when the normal season starts and I don't have to watch all these shows. Just kidding. I love it! It also makes me wonder am I the only one who has a favorite tv night or a line up of shows like this? I hope not!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I have never even heard of most of these shows...where have I been...oh wait, in the land of sci fi...get me out before I suffocate. I wish the dvr here wasn't full of eureka, star trek and star gate...said when you know the names of weird show and not all the cool ones...I owe that to the clayton fam.

Nicole said...

danielle my geek radar is going off....can't believe you know all those shows. And Nataie...love, love, love The Hills...it is such a silly pleasure. And I must admit that I watch Greek as well...I am a little addicted but probably because there is nothing else on and I watch it while I do other things to pass the time...

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read and the photos.

Here comes an invitation to visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.