Friday, September 14, 2007

Burns & Aloe Vera

Last night we had fish for dinner. Found a great new recipe for baking fish. More on that later. So I put the fish in the oven to start baking. And I was cleaning up a little before actually eating, forgot that I had the burner on the stove on and was wiping up some green onions up that had fallen. You guess it! I wiped my bare hand over the burner that was still hot! (We have the smooth surface stove top!) It hurt so bad! I iced it for about 30 minutes. I was laying down because the pain was just so intense. I am not being whimpy but it really hurt!! I had Eric get the home remedies "Bible" that his mom gave us after we got married. I looked up burns and it said to put aloe vera on it. I tried it . Immediately the pain started to go away. The burn just seemed to be soaking up the aloe. I kept applying for a couple of hours and soon it no longer hurt and could actually move my hand! I never would have thought of this on my own! i just think of aloe for sunburns and not much else! So next time you have a kitchen burn use aloe vera! It also makes me wonder what else is it good for?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

wow!! hope you are okay today! that is crazy...and stuff like that happens when you are trying to cook, clean and watch kids! Hope you are alright!

Leyla... said...

Ouch! Reading that made my stomach hurt. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Danielle said...

how come you didn't tell me about that? glad to know it worked and will have to remember that one...maybe I should go and buy some aloe for emergencies.

Natalie Jo said...

burn is much better. I didn't even get a blister. The aloe works!