Monday, September 3, 2007

the saddest day of the year...

To me the saddest day of the year is labor day. I know of some people who love fall and can't wait for Halloween and everything that comes with the season. I am not one of those people. I love not wearing socks (even if my feet are dried and cracked). I love the barbeques and the night walks and sitting on our tiny front porch (in our next house we are having a porch we can sit out on!). I love it all. I am not sure if it has to do with my birthday being in the summer or that there isn't a lot of structure to my day. I just love it. I like fall okay. I used to love being on campus at the U in the fall with the crisp days and starting of a new school year, but lately I just mourn summer until it comes again and I can take off my socks and not worry about whether I need a jacket or not. I am just happy that the weather doesn't know that today is labor day and it was still in the 90's! Good bye summer! I can't wait until we meet again!

2 comments:

Bill Page said...

I agree with you about labor day. It is sad because the swimming pool closes, kids go back to school and the carefree summer days are gone!!! I have to say I do miss the changing of the seasons in Utah. I loved fall!!

Natalie Jo said...

ash- i know how much you miss fall at the U especially when you think of rush! I know how much you love rush and you always think of me, don't cha?