Monday, September 24, 2007

My Getting Ready Theory!

Okay, I have been meaning to post this for a whole week and well I just haven't! I have no excuses at all. I have this theory. It started while I was a student at the U of U. I shared it with friends and they would agree. If you get ready and look cute you will see no one! I mean you may run into people you see all the time but not really anyone you haven't seen for a long time. If you choose not to get ready (wearing sweats, no make up, hair in pony but not really combed) you will run into some one you haven't seen for quite some time! This happened last monday to me. I decided to run to Sonic, I needed it and I hadn't gotten ready that day. I was home with the kids for most of the day and I knew I was going to make jam that night. Nothing really pressing and it is nice to have a day off. I thought who would I see at Sonic except for the blonde boy who will bring me my drink. WRONG! I was ordering and right behind me pulls up a dear friend that I served in the Young Women's with in our first married ward. (She was YW president) I see her here and there. Well, once again, my theory was proven. This has not been the only time this theory has been proven. In fact, I think that it has been proven so many times that I am almost positive that is the reason I try to at least put make up on every day. That way I am faking the getting ready part of my day!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Haha,

How true is that! I know exactly what you mean and would absolutely agree. Almost 2 yrs ago Scott and I were in SL, at the Nordstrom sale. I was not terribly excited about my appearance, and I saw an ex who I hadn't seen in almost 4 yrs. I kinda hid and hoped he wouldn't notice me. This is especially true with them, you want them to be sad they didn't end up with you, not glad cause of how bad you look, haha!

Danielle said...

I don't know what you all are talking about because I look great no matter what I do. I look great with or without makeup...The only place I run into my ex's are at the temple and so I just try to avoid that all together...hehe! Okay so seeing them at the temple is true but I don't try to avoid it. I guess that is the best place you could see them.

Nicole said...

I totally agree. It happens to me all the time...

Bill Page said...

Get ready is that something that you are suppose to do as a mom! I can't remember the last time I actually tried to look good!!!