Thursday, September 13, 2007

Salsa Time!


Every fall since I became a stay at home mom, I have been making salsa. It is a great way for us to start the harvest season out and to eat A LOT of chips! On Friday Evening, I decided to start my salsa. I was going to wait until Mondaybut after gathering all the ingredients from the Farmer's Market on Friday morning, I decided to get a move on it. That and my mom offered to do the canning process on Satuday night if I had my salsa all done. This is the first year that I did most of it (excluding the canning part) at my own house. I usually go and spend the day at my mom's and do it there!! I did the tomatoes and all the peppers,onions, etc all on my own. The only part my mom helped me with (besides the canning) was she cut the onions up so I could put them in the food processor! I feel like I accomplished so much! My mom has been doing salsa for close to 30 years(since the moved to Utah) and she has had help (wanted or not) from my dad! They have perfected the recipe and it gets better every year!!! Thanks mom for teaching me how to do this!

7 comments:

joslyn said...

you are all the salsa queens. i am lucky to have recieved a jar of danielles. ya!

Nicole said...

I want one! I miss salsa season! that is my favorite thing! Maybe next year when I am out west somewhere you guys can come see me and make salsa with me!! or I can come to UT just to do that!

Leyla... said...

I could live on chips & salsa! I hope you still have some left when I come to visit over Christmas break!

Leyla... said...

OK, so it's not even 10 in the morning, but after reading this post I am now having chips & salsa. Thanks!

Natalie Jo said...

i will save some for you leyla! Nicole, I will travel to help you make salsa. It is in our blood, we must help with the salsa!!

Danielle said...

nicole...if you want we can mail you some. Holly used to send me canned peaches.

Natalie Jo said...

do you eat canned peaches?