Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I made jam!


I made jam. I think this is the first time in about 10 years. I used to help my mom and dad make jam all the time. I loved to make raspberry jam. I have never done the whole process on my own. ( I did do strawberry freezer jam once.) But this is real jam! It was Peach Strawberry Jam. I got the recipe from my sister Kris and she had gotten it from her friend Cami. It is yummy! It was a lot of work to peel the peaches and stuff but I enjoyed it. I am quite proud of the fact that I am trying new things everyday. I also wonder if the Utah girl is me is coming out. Canning and what not. I never thought I would be a mom who would be all into this kind of stuff but I do enjoy completing a project and making things that can help us save money and live a better life. Okay maybe that is taking it too far, Jam & Salso won't necessarily save the world, but it will help me save a few pennies later on!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

way to go! again that is something that I want to do even though I am the only one that would eat it...who knows maybe Gavin will eat Jam.

Natalie Jo said...

Yeah, we all know how Trevor is with cooked fruit! ha ha!

Danielle said...

good work smarty pants