Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of Preschool






It seems like lately we have a lot of firsts. Today it was preschool. We were ready early, despite Savannah's reluctance to get dressed. She had a good breakfast of pancakes. We took the first day of school picture by the front door. I remember these from my days of school. We left a few minutes early and coordinated with Kris and Lexi so they could go into class together. We walked into class and immediately sat down at a table. She was so content, I felt like I wasn't needed at all. We saw some friends whose daughter is going to be Savannah's classmate. It was a low key drop off. Kris shed a few tears at the school. When I saw Kris do it and I knew I had to be brave. I took a few pictures and then I left Savannah putting spots on Spot the dog. I then had two whole hours for just me and Olivia. Driving home I called Eric and told him how it all went well, then I pulled into the driveway and my tears came. My Savannah was at school. She is so big and on her own (kind of). Well, a few peppers and a feeding later. (I ran up to help my mom with her food processor and then stayed to help with her salsa!) I went back to get her. As the group of anxious moms grew, I notice a little pair of striped leggings sitting on miss emily's lap. (i went to preschool with miss emily) Sure enough, Savannah was having a hard time. It was breaking my heart. I wanted to run in and grab her and hug her. I waited patiently until the teacher opened the door and out came the cute little 3 year old preschoolers. I had a hard time not choking up. Miss Emily brought me Savannah. She explained that it was just at the last minute she was having a hard time. Heart still breaking. We started to leave and her teacher Miss Sue and Miss Darcy said, she was great, she really loves her mommy! I felt good and bad.. my little girl did need me!! So we made it through the first day. Savannah loved it. She showed me her papers and talked about eating dog food. (Combo of preztels, popcorn and something else) She told me about Spot the Dog. She said she wants to go back tomorrow. I guess she had fun. She is growing up. I know it is just preschool but it is amazing to think that 3 years have gone by so fast. I just want time to stop so we can enjoy these little moment longer.



8 comments:

Bill Page said...

so cute. I can't believe she is in preschool!

joslyn said...

i think it really stinks that are little ones have to grow up! and it stinks even more that we have to let go. tomorrow porter and paul go to preschool. i already feeling sad. those pictures are cute!

Leyla... said...

It's so bittersweet - some days I couldn't wait for preschool to start and now that it's here I'm crying! Savannah looks so cute - I love the hair!

Natalie Jo said...

thanks guys for understanding. I felt like a totally sappy mom but it is nice to know that I am not alone! we braided her hair the night before. I know totally 80's but she is wearing leggings!

Nicole said...

Savy looks so cute! I can't believe she is going to preschool. I can't believe that Jamison is as well...and only one more year to K. Crazy!!! I am excited and sad all at the same time. I won't get to see him do everything there (and hear all the crazy, random things he says).

Nicole said...

who is miss wendy??? and how did you make the connection you went to preschool together?

Natalie Jo said...

Miss Emily not wendy. It is Callister. I have known her my entire life in Utah. We lived in the same ward, rode the bus together, had neighborhood preschool together, preschool carpool.

Danielle said...

cute pict of s.